Thanks Claus Ibsen, Glad to hear from you.

Yes I have see the idempotentConsumer EIP behaviour and I am ok with it, but
I needed to remove the added message keys for the batch (added from the
idempotent consumer) from the Idempotent Repository whenever the DB  batch
update fails, this ensure that, I can reprocess those messages/records of
the batch as part of reprocessing mechanism.

So I am only going to remove the keys from idempotent repository inside a
customer processor whenever db update fails, other wise I will be still
using idempotent consumer EIP in the route.

Is this approach fine?

thanks,
Rafi