To be honest the documentation at
http://camel.apache.org/dead-letter-channel.html is a little contradictory
and could use some touch-ups:

1. Under "Redelivery default values" the service is turned off and has 0
maximumRedeliveries, yet later it says "By default Camel will try to
process the exchange 1 + 5 times."

2. There is no example of how one might log the Exception + stacktrace that
caused the DLC to be invoked. This must be a common requirement?