Thanks Yogesh for your prompt reply. Actually, my code worked :) I was
checking the outbox folder and it had metadata.xml so I thought it was the
same input file. I didn't check the contents of the file earlier. It does
contain response from my external service, only that the fileName is
inherited from the exchange, so it was named metadata.xml. That misled me
into thinking that the input file was copied to the outbox folder.

Anyway, do you think there is a better way to do this than using
ProducerTemplate?