I am using camel 2.14(core, jms and spring) set up a route for a jms
endpoint. The JMS provider is IBM MQ (version 7.0.1.4).

When using transactions with no selectors, it is taking about 300 ms per
message to read and log one line (no processing).

When not using transactions, it is taking about 20 ms per message to read
and log a line 9 no processing).

I need to use transactions there is no option. But it is too slow.

Most of the time is being taken up by the transaction manager (creating and
closing the jms session and connections). I have set the cache level to
CACHE_CONSUMER, didnt make any difference (at least not significant, may be
10 ms).

I am trying to find if IBM MQ provides session/connection pools, how to
configure? Any help is appreciated.

TIA.