I¹m not a big Spring user, so I apologize in advance if this question is a
bit basic.

For managing my application¹s properties, I have a single file which
contains details for all of my non-production environments/regions.  The
properties look something like this:

dev.source.uri=...
dev.destination.uri=...

test.source.uri=bar=Š
test.destination.uri=...

qa.source.uri=...
qa.destination.uri=...

Using the org.apache.camel.component.properties.PropertiesComponent class,
in combination with its propertyPrefix property, I can use a System
environment property to specify which region to load properties for.  This
works great.

I also have connection parameters for external sources (i.e. JMS brokers
and databases) for which I would like to store their properties in the
same file.  From reading the documentation, it seems that I would have to
use the org.apache.camel.spring.spi.BridgePropertyPlaceholderConfigurer in
lieu of the PropertiesComponent class, so that I can reference the
properties outside of the camelContext definition.  Unfortunately, the
BridgePropertyPlaceholderConfigurer class does not appear to have the same
ability to specify a propertyPrefix setting.

Obviously, I could separate out the configurations into different
properties files, per environment.  But I was just curious if there some
technical reason for why this capability doesn¹t exist in the
BridgePropertyPlaceholderConfigurer class, or is it just an inconsistency
between the API¹s?

I¹m using Camel 2.15.0.

Regards,
Jim