Hello, I am creating a simple route to test asynchronous message passing in
Camel.  When testing the route by creating 1000 simultaneous connections I
see that around 2000 threads are created to handle requests I'm forwarding
on using AHC component.  I am surprised, I thought that Jetty+AHC component
would use non-blocking asynchronous I/O, and a low number of threads.

Basic Route:
        restConfiguration().component("jetty").host("localhost").port(8081);
        rest("/ud").get("/wait/{timeout}")
                .to("direct:mockEndpoint").bindingMode(RestBindingMode.off);
        from("direct:mockEndpoint")
                .removeHeaders("CamelHttpPath")

.toD("ahc:http://localhost:9000/wait/${headers.timeout}?bridgeEndpoint=true";);

It appears that the AHC component is creating worker threads to manage
outgoing connections to localhost:9000. One for every connection made to
localhost:9090.  Am I configuring something wrong, or is this a defect in
AHC?

Camel version is 2.16-SNAPSHOT

Thanks,
Les