Hello all,
We have a system consuming messages at a high rate from a JMS queue
asynchronously and parallel. For Performance reasons, we have a very high
idle timeout, so normally our camel-based software never reconnects to the
broker and stays connected.

The problem is that it seems that the asynchronous behaviour lets Camel take
as many JMS messages as it can get, so sometimes we have thousands of
inflight messages waiting to be processed. This is not such a big problem
during normal operation, but when we shut down the system for maintenance,
sometimes there are so many messages that they cannot be processed during a
graceful shutdown.

My question is: How can I specify how many messages camel takes out of the
queue when using an asynchonrous consumer?

I already defined
- idleConsumerLimit
- concurrentConsumers
- maxConcurrentConsumers
- maxMessagesPerTask

but that doesn't seem to work (as far as I understand because these settings
influence how many threads are used to get messages out of the queue but not
how many messages may be "pumped" into the camel route)

Any ides?

Thank you & best regards,
Joerg