I've been trying to create endpoints in java and have those endpoints
referenced in my xml routes but have been unsuccessful. I can do this in
xml:
<endpoint id="kafkatopic" uri="kafka:..."/>
and have the endpoint referenced in the routes:
<route id="eventflow">
    <from ref="kafkatopic" ...>

What i want to do is replace the xml endpoint declaration using java. I've
tried something like:
Endpoint kafkaep = camelCtx.getEndpoint(kafkaUri);
however i'm stumped on how i can create a key "kafkatopic" to refer to the
endpoint such that the xml route is able to find it. Please help.