I do have interface and implementation in bundle 1 which is exposed as
service. Bundle 2 is where I am having reference to the interface only. I do
have dependency on the B1 captured in B2. If not for it then it'd result in
compilation problem. On the other hand, if I add a <scope>test</scope>
dependency then compilation of the project fails.

This is what I see in the logs -
:
:
org.apache.aries.blueprint.container.BlueprintContainerImpl Bundle
ExampleServiceTest is waiting for dependencies
[(objectClass=com.bundle1.example.api.ServiceInterface1),
(objectClass=com.bundle2.example.api.ServiceInterface2),
(objectClass=com.bundle2.example.api.ServiceInterface3)]
:
:
:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Gave up waiting for service
(objectClass=org.apache.camel.CamelContext)