no, the 2 route setup should be more like this.

from(ftp_endpoint).to(file://<dir>)

this will download the file to directory of your choice

then another route would be a directory monitor via file component

from("file:<dir>?delete=true")
 .process

this will start the file process when the download is complete, and with
delete=true, it will delete the file automatically
when processing is done.