Thank you so much for the reply..

Looking at the link, this just points to essentially a feature request for
routes in general which is great however for MQTT these types of features
already exist but just don't seem to work.

For example from http://camel.apache.org/mqtt.html we have features such as

connectAttemptsMax - The maximum number of attempts to establish an initial
connection - -1 in infinite.
reconnectAttemptsMax - The maximum number of attempts to re-establish a
connection after failure - -1 in infinite.

when we set connectAttemptsMax to -1, it only tries once and camel and
activeMQ both crash. Do we know why these features are not working as
expected?