I don’t know if split supports suspend/resume - I think it would have to be the
underlying component (in this case the file component).  Also, I believe
suspend/resume is for a route or a context - not an exchange.  I think the
route is trying to complete the current exchange (i.e. the current file) before
it goes down.  You could try using .stopOnException(), but I’m not certain if
that would help in this case or not.

Regardless, I don’t think you’ll be able to resume the exchange that’s inflight
- it would need to start over (i.e. re-process the file).