I applogize, I just missed that.  I actually do have that in my test.  I've
kinda got a mix of an example of what I have in prod and the test code.

right after context.start();
i have:

        template.request("direct:someCamelEndpoint", (Exchange exchange) ->
setExchangeProperties(exchange, someRequestObject));

I understand the intercepts pretty good and that all works and the test runs
fine.  What I am struggling to test is the eventual result at the end of the
route that in production would normally get sent as the response to the
inital rest request that called it in the first place.  I could in fact
place a to("mock:result") in the actual prod route and then grab the mock of
that endpoint to see what is in the exchange at that point, but I am not
sure if that is the best way to go about it as there would be this mock call
that does nothing in the production code.  My question is how do I test what
is coming out the end of the route?

Thanks