Thanks for replying. Here is the process:
We copy 1000 xml files from source folder to destination folder in every
test, for example from "c:/source" to "c:/dest“. Our camel route will
consume those xml files, and convert them to JTO objects, at last send to
JMS queue(ActiveMQ).

Test 1 on physical machine, it takes more than 2 minutes.
Test 2 on the VM which is hosted on the physical machine above, it takes
about 30 seconds.

We have tested this on several machines, always VM is faster.
We are testing the performance of our product which is integrated with
Camel, so we did a lot of test on different platforms. We are confused about
performance gap between physical machine and VM. From the hawtio profiling
we found that IO maybe the bottle neck, VM consumes files is faster that
phycial machine.

Our machines are powerful enough, so hardware should not be the problem I
think.