Oh thanks! I was going to raise a jira issue after I verified it worked on
my end.

I removed the extends CamelTestSupport

and removed the

createRouteBuilder in the test class so the route is being created by the
"production" route builder instead.

it worked.

I would be very happy if CamelTestSupport upon detecting spring-boot is in
use, to just throw an error sayibg
"hey, you are using camel-spring-boot, don't use CamelTestSupport". That'd
be more than enough. I've used
CamelTestSupport for so long that I didn't realize this was the wrong thing
to do for spring-boot camel app.