Hello, there is possible minor bug in Simple language (tested with Camel 2.20.1), which causes not resolving placeholders while using resources prefix. This was identified in https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50063874/load-camels-body-dynamically-depending-on-header and as workaround I have suggested him to wrap it with simple language twice (simple DSL and language component). But it should IMHO work as OP tried to do natively in Simple dsl. I have not found any logged issue for this. Should I open one? What do you think?