Thanks so much Zoran,

I've been able to actually get this working using properties place holder.  I
found Claus's answer to a similar question on net. Lots of digging but I
finally found it.
my quest for info and answers didn't go deep enough. I found this was already
encounted and answered by Claus Ibsen. Please see if you run in to this need.

Validation error with integer property (camel)

http://camel.apache.org/using-propertyplaceholder.html

under section "Using Property Placeholders for Any Kind of Attribute in the XML
DSL"

here is what I did following these instructions.

added property prefix namespace
xmlns:prop="http://camel.apache.org/schema/placeholder";

then modified the tokenize attribute

<tokenize token="\n" prop:group="noOfLines" />
I'm using the property placeholder

<cm:property-placeholder persistent-id="com.digital.passthru.core" />

this works like a charm. thank you Claus and Zoran

Gary Lee Mills
GE Middleware Engineer
Work:  331-777-2318