Hi,

I am trying to fix upload of huge files via camel rest endpoint. The problem is
that stream caching enables itself in this case (without being enabled in camel
context or the route), but when camel asks a StreamCachingStrategy if the data
should be moved from memory to file, it always says no, because it has
"enabled" flag false (because no one enabled stream caching).

There is a Jira issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-8821 that
should have fixed it, but it actually did not, because as the last comment
says, it calls a wrong method "readResponse..." instead of "readRequest...",
the fix is only in "readRequest..." method. So I think it should be reopened.

Is there any other way how to disable stream caching?

My code is in configure method in a class that extends RouteBuilder:

restConfiguration()
            .contextPath(...)
            .enableCORS(true)
            .component("servlet")