Temporarily solved by not using Camel implementation and instead use
micrometer.io <http://micrometer.io/>, declare the bean, autowire in the route
and use a process to count.

I have tried to debug and see where it breaks but failed. Haven’t the deepest
knowledge on the different registries that are in place here but I think the
Camel implementation never gets registered accordingly.

Thx