Hi Gerald,

There is no "/opt/apache-karaf/bin/user-add” in the default Karaf distribution,
AFAIK.

I think you may want to use the “/opt/apache-karaf/bin/client” script instead,
or SSH, or perhaps your best choice is to directly reference the implementation
Service as a bean.  I don’t know which service deals with the JAAS subsystem,
but I suspect there is one, in which case, you can reference the service, as in:

        <reference id=“myService”
interface=“org.apache.karaf.SomeServiceInterface”/>

Then call “myService” as a bean:

        <bean ref=“myService" method=“someMethod”/>

And avoid interacting with the shell.  I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Alex soto