Hello Raymond

Many thanks for your quick response.

1) How big are the files? Is there a specific threshold when doesn't it work
anymore?

Files are between 250MB and 500MB

2) What kind of error do you get and where do you get it? (On Camel side or
Kafka side, is it memory related)?

I am getting message.max.bytes, we can't change the config to have it bigger
that 1MB (company requirements).
I tested the connector with small files of Kbytes and it sends the whole file
in one record to Kafka. We want to send the file in small batches and have an
atomic transaction. If the connector fails in the middle just keep track to
don't send one more time the same information or lost data.

3) What kind of files are you using (csv, xml, json)?

Plain text. It is info data or logs.

4) Did you try to use the split pattern
(https://camel.apache.org/components/3.14.x/eips/split-eip.html)?

Can it be integrated with the SFTP source connector? Is any example available?

Many thanks
Sergio