You don't have to copy the jar, you need to explode the tar.gz provided:
https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/org/apache/camel/kafkaconnector/camel-rabbitmq-kafka-connector/0.11.5/camel-rabbitmq-kafka-connector-0.11.5-package.tar.gz

Each of the connectors from camel-kafka-connector, needs to live in their
own directory in the plugin.path location.

So you should have a folder with all the needed bits coming from the
tar.gz.

Only the jar won't work. This is also explained in the documentation:
https://camel.apache.org/camel-kafka-connector/0.11.x/user-guide/getting-started/try-it-out-locally.html