From: Snaith, Douglas <douglas.sna...@baesystems.com.INVALID>
Sent: Tuesday, August 2, 2022 11:06 AM
To: users@camel.apache.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL SENDER:] Upgrade to Apache Camel 3 - no longer get logging /
stacktrace

Hello

We are trying to upgrade our Spring / Camel Rest API application from Camel
2.16.2 to 3.7.3.

Since doing that, on route failure, we no longer get the Camel Message History,
Exchange Logging and Stacktrace.

I've attached an example of what we used to get, but not now since upgrading.

This is one of the broken routes:

        <route errorHandlerRef="mfErrorHandler">
            <from uri="direct:downloadPackage" />
            <onException>
                <exception>java.lang.Exception</exception>
                <handled>
                    <constant>true</constant>
                </handled>
                <process ref="jobFeeInfoProcessor" />
<!--                <log message="MARINE FEE LOGGING: in MarineFees5 ${body}"
loggingLevel="INFO" logName="com.baesystems.ai.lr"/>-->
                <to uri="direct:generateReport" />
<!--                <log message="MARINE FEE LOGGING: in MarineFees6 ${body}"
loggingLevel="INFO" logName="com.baesystems.ai.lr"/>-->
            </onException>
<!--            <log message="MARINE FEE LOGGING: in MarineFees7 ${body}"
loggingLevel="INFO" logName="com.baesystems.ai.lr"/>-->
uri="freemarker:templates/request/soap/package/createPackage.ftl?allowContextMapAll=true"
 />
<!--            <log message="MARINE FEE LOGGING: in MarineFees8 ${body}"
loggingLevel="INFO" logName="com.baesystems.ai.lr"/>-->
            <to uri="cxf://bean:marineFeesPackageEndpoint?"   />
<!--            <log message="MARINE FEE LOGGING: in MarineFees9 ${body}"
loggingLevel="INFO" logName="com.baesystems.ai.lr"/>-->
           <!-- Remove IMPORTANT XML from CData -->
            <process ref="characterDataProcessor" />
            <!-- Marshal XML to Java Objects -->
<!--            <log message="MARINE FEE LOGGING: in MarineFees10 ${body}"
loggingLevel="INFO" logName="com.baesystems.ai.lr"/>-->
            <process ref="feeReportUnmarshaller" />
<!--            <log message="MARINE FEE LOGGING: in MarineFees11 ${body}"
loggingLevel="INFO" logName="com.baesystems.ai.lr"/>-->
        </route>

Any suggestions for a fix?

Cheers,
Doug Snaith.

__________________________
Doug Snaith
Senior Software Engineer
Applied Intelligence
Leeds Valley Business Park

douglas.sna...@baesystems.com<mailto:douglas.sna...@baesystems.com>
07984 867940
0330 158 0801

=================================
Advance Notice of Annual Leave
Monday 8th August
Wednesday 10th August - Friday 12th August
Thursday 18th August - Friday 26th August

BAE Systems will collect and process information about you that may be subject
to data protection laws. For more information about how we use and disclose
your personal information, how we protect your information, our legal basis to
use your information, your rights and who you can contact, please refer to the
relevant sections of our Privacy note at
www.baesystems.com/en/cybersecurity/privacy<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.baesystems.com/en/cybersecurity/privacy__;!!KV6Wb-o!9DPma9uDUILCq3tGeV4V9Iz8_GV9eTPCZMFl5T3OsMWOR_XXMS--Gd24H6KfcP-jh3X3GyMlP8TSnIshUW40MdTTWvX2sgZ-REg$>

Please consider the environment before printing this email. This message should
be regarded as confidential. If you have received this email in error please
notify the sender and destroy it immediately. Statements of intent shall only
become binding when confirmed in hard copy by an authorised signatory. The
contents of this email may relate to dealings with other companies under the
control of BAE Systems PLC, details of which can be found at
http://www.baesystems.com/Businesses/index.htm<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.baesystems.com/Businesses/index.htm__;!!KV6Wb-o!9DPma9uDUILCq3tGeV4V9Iz8_GV9eTPCZMFl5T3OsMWOR_XXMS--Gd24H6KfcP-jh3X3GyMlP8TSnIshUW40MdTTWvX2wsd-WQs$>.

The opinions expressed in this message and/or any attachments are those of the
author and not necessarily those of Brown Brothers Harriman & Co., its
subsidiaries and affiliates ("BBH"). There is no guarantee that this message is
either private or confidential, and it may have been altered by unauthorized
sources without your or our knowledge. Nothing in the message is capable or
intended to create any legally binding obligations on either party and it is
not intended to provide legal advice. BBH accepts no responsibility for loss or
damage from its use, including damage from virus.