Hi John,

Last time I implemented this bridge i moved from the templates to directly
using the processor (advantage being able to use sync or async send
depending how you integrate it with beam - in multicast mode if you have
only async processors you can call them all and await all to finish without
having to block or use a tons of threads which is great).
On the producing side (source in beam) the killer advantage is to not have
to poll the source but just react to the emittion and send them through the
PCollection directly when they are popping up - like beam does - so IMHO
the best is to get the consumer instance and set a custom "beam processor"
which just forwards the exchange in the PCollection (unbounded source or a
plain DoFn works).

Hope it helps.

Romain Manni-Bucau