Hello.

We're looking for the constraints that may exist to migrate our
projects from Camel 2.x to 3.x.

One of them is mentioned in
https://camel.apache.org/manual/camel-3-migration-guide.html, about
multiple Camel contexts in the same application.

I'd like to be sure about what is an "application", and if we're
impacted by such restrictions.

An example of project structure :
- An OSGi bundle as deployment unit (today managed as a RedHat Fuse
profile, and planned to be managed as a Karaf feature.
- Some beans to define some kind of data and specific EventNotifier
implementations.
- 1 blueprint to declare default properties (property-placeholder with
the PID attached to the bundle) that may be overridden or not by
deployments. Some properties defined once are used in different
contexts.
- 1 blueprint to instantiate beans or to reference external services
- 1 blueprint with shared common routes with "vm" endpoints
- 7 blueprints for 7 business groups of routes that rely on common
services and use common properties and shared routes.

Can we port this kind of projects to Camel 3.x as is, or should we
change completely our design to move each Camel context in its own
bundle, each bundle with its own configuration property file
(duplicating entries), and as many features as bundles, multiplying
dev-ops and production work ?

Thanks in advance for your advice and help.

Regards.