I know consuming Kafka messages in a batch is not currently supported. I
googled and I didn't find any real options.  I looked at hacking the Camel
classes to implement it and decided that it was too risky.

So for now we are falling back to using a Spring Kafka Consumer. The issue
with that is I still want to use Camel because we need to do some complex
EIP processing and republishing of messages. And since Spring does not know
about Camel Context startup i have to do a hack to make it wait if the
CamelContext is not in the "started" state.

Questions:

   - Is it possible to use the Spring Kafka Consumer in the "From" and be
   managed by Camel (I think not but i figured i would ask).
   - Is implementing batch consumers in the Kafka component planned/in
   progress?
   - If none of these - any ideas to make it work with the Kafka component?