I have a new RFE which includes integrating
Microsoft Azure Files over public Internet.

Initial findings and constraints:

  - Azure Files do not implement the FTP standard.
  - Azure Files could expose SMB protocol but SMB over
    public Internet is blacklisted by the security policy.
  - Azure Files could expose NFS but its pricing is prohibitive.
  - Azure Files have REST API <https://github.com/Azure/azure-rest-api-specs>
    and Java SDK <https://github.com/azure/azure-sdk-for-java>.
  - My team is used to Camel 3.x components.

Given that I see the two options:

  A: use Camel REST component.
  B: use Azure Files remote file component.

Neither seems easy. For the Camel REST component,
I'd need to implement a polling consumer via REST and
match the FTPS component-like capabilities. For Azure Files,
I have not found a developed Camel remote file component
so its development would be required, i.e. likely a continuation
at the Camel dev list...

First, have I overlooked any recommendable option that
could address the problem, please?

Second, if left only with above two options, which approach
would look more promising from a Camel veteran perspective
and why, please?

  Best regards
  Cc.

--
  Mr. Petr Kužel, Software Engineer
  Eurofins International Support Services s.à r.l.