Thanks for the pointer. Sounds like the thread pools are per camel context,
which usually equates to per route. If there was a connector/producer that
had a very high frequency of exchanges routed however other things in the
route processed data more slowly than the producer, I can see there being a
potential issue depending on how the thread pool queue is setup. Does camel
have anything to mitigate this? maybe a disk backed queuing mechanism, a
upper bounds on the queue with blocking until there's space, or perhaps is
the best option to use an external solution, such as kafka?