Hi,

yes, that's exactly where I got the FlightBook example from.

bye
David

On 2/6/24 16:05, Federico Mariani wrote:
Hi, did you check this example
<https://github.com/apache/camel-spring-boot-examples/tree/main/opentelemetry>
?

Il giorno mar 6 feb 2024 alle ore 16:02 David Ecker <da...@ecker-software.de>
ha scritto:

Hi,

I tried several combinations in a small mock project, but no otel trace
is being sent anywhere. Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?!? I am
somehow at loss here. Could somebody help me, please.

-- pom.xml ---
<snip>

<dependency> <groupId>org.apache.camel.springboot</groupId>
<artifactId>camel-opentelemetry-starter</artifactId>

</snip>

-- app.java --
<snip>

@CamelOpenTelemetry @SpringBootApplication public class
OtelCamelTest02Application {

          SpringApplication.run(OtelCamelTest02Application.class, args);

</snip>

-- Route.java --
<snip>

@Component public class Route01extends RouteBuilder {
      @Override public void configure()throws Exception {
          from("timer://foo?delay=5000")
                  .to("log:test");

</snip>

I played with different setting of:

camel.opentelemetry.enabled=true camel.springboot.use-mdc-logging=true
otel.traces.exporter=otel otel.service.name=HelloWorld
otel.exporter.otlp.endpoint=http://127.0.0.1:4317 otel.log.level=debug

nothing....

I also added the java agent manually - then only thing I can change is
the log message:

MDC logging is enabled on CamelContext: camel-1
OpenTelemetryTracer enabled using instrumentation-name: camel

So disabeling mdc will remove the first log line.

I also tried the example project FlightBooking from the github repo
camel-spring-boot-examples - nope, did not work either.

I also checked using tcpdump trying to capture those traces - nothing.

Thank you,
David