Hello Camel community,

Probably this has been asked before but couldn't find a good answer in the
mailing lists nor Zulip. I'd like to tailor the Camel Java DSL for health
information exchange. This means creating a no. of EIPs. For example:

fromHie(...).transform(...).openMRS(...).transform(...).toHie(...)

So far, all I've come up with is a base class extending RouteBuilder but
this approach doesn't really work for various reasons. I've came across
https://github.com/oehf/ipf/tree/master which I think it's extending the
Camel DSL by means of Groovy metaprogramming. Doesn't seem like a bad
approach though I'm looking for alternatives which don't include forking
the Camel repo. Ideas? As a side note, I'd also like to extend the YAML DSL
but my focus is on the Java one for now.

Cheers,

Claude