 From: Shanker Balan <shanker.ba...@shapeblue.com>
To: "users@cloudstack.apache.org" <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 9:26 AM
Subject: Re: Disable Router Firewall

On 09-Apr-2013, at 1:14 PM, Rana Faisal Munir <ranafaisal...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,

>I have setup cloudstack for testing purposes. I want to establish MySQL
>Failover cluster on cloudstack. But for that there is some IP configurations,
>that cloudstack does not allowed. It consider it as IP spoofing. Please let me
>know how to disable the firewall,
 is there any way???

Hi Rana,

I guess you are trying to do is to use a "floating" IP between the active and
passive MySQL nodes? Have a look at
https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/multiple-ip-address-per-nic.html feature
document.

One of the cases for Multiple IP address per NIC is to move private IP
addresses between interfaces or instances which is what you need.

However, it looks like this feature is planned for CloudStack 4.2 per the
design docs.

Regards.

--
Shanker Balan
Managing Consultant

M: +91 98860 60539

shanker.ba...@shapeblue.com | www.shapeblue.com | Twitter:@shapeblue
ShapeBlue India, 22nd floor, Unit 2201, World Trade Centre, Bangalore - 560 055
represent those of Shape Blue Ltd or
 related companies. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you
must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to
anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email
in error. Shape Blue Ltd
 is a company incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is
operated under license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered
trademark.