Hi Geoff,

Can I use LVS to implement load balancer. If so, what ports should I use?

Regards,
Steven

On 05/27/2013 03:24 AM, Geoff Higginbottom wrote:
Nehal,

I would approach this in a slightly different way.

Set up your new management server but as a 2nd node rather than a replacement.  To do so you need to put a load balancer in front of both of them and update the global setting 'host' with the new load balanced IP.

After updating the 'host' setting and restarting the 'cloud-management' service on each, you will need to restart all system VMs so they use this new setting.

You should then add a 2nd MySQL server, initially as a slave and allow it to replicate, then 'fail over' making the slave the new master.  The docs detail how to deploy multiple MySQL servers and how to fail over.

Whilst this may seem like more work, we always deploy with at least two Management Servers and two MySQL servers as this provides better resilience makes performing planned maintenance much easier.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom
CTO / Cloud Architect

D: +44(0)20 3603 0542<tel:+442036030542> | S: +44(0)20 3603 0540<tel:+442036030540> | M: +44(0)7968161581<tel:+447968161581>

geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com<mailto:geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com