Pablo,

You did not mention anything about firewall complexity on your side - if any.

Execute "ip route show" and see if you have explicit route over the interface
that may not have access to NFS.

Try removing the route via "route del -host <ip>" and see it mounts
successfully.
If it does work, revisit your current network layout for SSVM, perhaps you are
using wrong interface.

I would also try to execute
watch -n 1  'netstat -antup'

Look for all SYNC_SENT but not established. If found, note the IP you've used
to connect to NFS and inspect your routing table.

The scripts that trigger the explicit routing setup are either bash scripts or
most likely storage.resource.NfsSecondaryStorageResource java class.

Review the /var/log/cloud/systemvm.log for more reference.

This is definitely firewall, network or route related.

Two ways to resolve, either confirm that interfaces are properly configured and
have access to storage, or hack the
storage.resource.NfsSecondaryStorageResource (this is worst case)

Regards
ilya

PS: We are also vmware shop, and we've customized and backported a lot of
features from ACS4.2 into just release ACS4.1 to have better vmware
functionality (major issues was dvs support). If you need help on that front,
let me know.