Chiradeep,
     Currently I am working with KVM hypervisor nodes.  The use case of having
4 spindles and assigning one to each node is exactly what I would like to do.
For the moment I have all four spindles configured in a RAID with the
cloudstack local storage pointed at it.
Shanker,
      I had not seen that slideshow yet, so thank you for pointing me to it.
As of now, the hadoop resources I am using are statically allocated between 4
hosts.  As it stands now, I am constrained to those resources without the
ability to add any additional storage cluster (or additional storage to my
current shared storage appliance), or additional nodes.  Fortunately, my use
cases don't require any kind of reallocation of the hadoop nodes.  It's more
clients for the cluster as well as web service nodes that run clients that are
being dynamically spun up and down.  I have found that I can get through my
jobs alright, they just take a lot of extra time to run since I have the
storage acting as a bottleneck right now.
Thanks,     David Ortiz