I said this in another thread and figured I'd mention it here since it
seems applicable. It is my belief that the cloud is the IaaS and that the
applications that run on the cloud should be built for failure of the IaaS:
they (instances/applications) should be rapidly deployable. So, it
shouldn't matter what cloud product (openstack/cloudstack/vmware/aws/etc...)
you provide to your customers, they should be able to redeploy their
application where ever they go or are given for IaaS.

With that said, if you really wanted to backup the VMs, you probably want
to look at something that backed up thorough the storage device, or the
hypervisor, and then backup the management and mysql db.

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 8:57 PM, WXR <1485739...@qq.com> wrote:

> Virtual machines.
> I want to know how to do data backup and restore the vms when the
> cloudstack storage has been ruined totally.

> From:  "Nitin Mehta"<nitin.me...@citrix.com>;
> Date:  Mon, Jul 22, 2013 03:10 PM
> To:  "users@cloudstack.apache.org"<users@cloudstack.apache.org>;
>
> Subject:  Re: How to backup cloudstack data?
>

> What is it that you want to back up ? Virtual machines, snapshots -
> anything else ?
>
> On 22/07/13 7:09 AM, "WXR" <1485739...@qq.com> wrote:
>
> >I want to do a full backup of cloudstack data and restore them to a new
> >cloudstack,but I don't know which files should I copy and how to restore
> >them.
>
> .

Kirk Jantzer
c: (678) 561-5475