On 23-Aug-2013, at 10:59 PM, Tracy Phillips <tracp...@mantoso.com> wrote:

> Can someone point me to the place to download vhd-util that works with CS
> 4.1.1 and XenServer 6.1? Should I stick with the one that comes with
> XenServer 6.1?

I use the cloud.com one linked from the installation docs -
http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.1/html-single/Installation_Guide/index.html#sect-source-nonoss.

> Thanks,
>
> Tracy
>

> On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 11:39 AM, Donal Lafferty
> <donal.laffe...@citrix.com>wrote:
>
>> Be careful that you don't downgrade the vhd-util in /usr/bin.
>>
>> The instructions in
>> http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.1/html/Installation_Guide/management-server-install-flow.html#management-server-installprovide
>>  you with an older version of vhd-util.  This older version is
>> missing the '-S' command line option.  E.g.
>>
>> XenServer 6.1 gives you:
>>
>> [root@dt18 tmp]# /usr/bin/vhd-util create
>> for metadata preallocation (see vhd-util resize)>]
>>
>> The one you download gives you:
>>
>> [root@dt18 tmp]# ./vhd-util create
>>

>> Problems with the older vhd-util will show up in your logs.  For details,
>> see
>> http://dlafferty.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/using-cloudstacks-log-files-xenserver.html

>>> discussion:
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-2702
>>> http://markmail.org/thread/57pc3de5dzma6a37
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, instructions for the CSP things for XenServer 6.1 haven't
>> been
>>> documented.

>>> Yu-Heng (Ryan) Lei, Associate Reasearcher Chunghwa Telecom Laboratories /
>>> Cloud Computing Laboratory
>>> ryan...@cht.com.tw<https://email.cht.com.tw/owa/redir.aspx?C=-
>>> wE1FEC3G0SWYpVkiWo8SsDdf3ZqO9AIuAPTzRnFYCUi-
>>> z4YljtI_hyVKkNHfn9F1Bn-vUWJnQ4.&URL=mailto%3aryanlei%40cht.com.tw>
>>> or

--
@shankerbalan

M: +91 98860 60539 | O: +91 (80) 67935867
shanker.ba...@shapeblue.com | www.shapeblue.com | Twitter:@shapeblue
ShapeBlue Services India LLP, 22nd floor, Unit 2201A, World Trade Centre,
Bangalore - 560 055

intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon
its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you
believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company
incorporated in England & Wales. ShapeBlue Services India LLP is operated under
license from Shape Blue Ltd. ShapeBlue is a registered trademark.