hey,
i have a fresh ubuntu 12.04.3 server install in a virtualbox vm. i have been
trying to install cloudstack management server 4.1.1 for days now... and not
the talk gossip in the cafeteria and code a little on the side kind of trying
but leave the desk only for tennis practice kind of trying.
i followed:
http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/en-US/Apache_CloudStack/4.1.1/html/Installation_Guide/management-server-install-flow.htmlwith
 xenserver as the hypervisor
cloudstack lets me log into the ui after the (package) install but after a
reboot it stops working. the cloudstack servlet starts automatically and i can
visit <ip>:8080/client but if i try to log in it says "management server
unreachable" and/etc/init.d/cloudstack-management statustells me that the
servlet has stopped running.i can start the servlet again
with/etc/init.d/cloudstack-management startand it says it is running ok, but it
shuts down again when i click on login. this is soo annoying because all over
the internet i find blog posts advising me to check the logs in
/var/log/cloud/management/management-server.log which does not exist on my
machine.i looked at /var/log/syslog and the most useful i could find was "WARN
Please initialize the log4j system properly". another internet search gave me
the impression that this is addressed at the servlet developer.i get exactly
the same result on 13.04 building from source.
can someone please help me come up with a debug strategy?

this is what i have installed so far: (shouldn't apt-get install the
dependencies automatically?)bind9 + nfs-server +apt-get install -y openntpd
libcommons-daemon-java jsvc python-paramiko augeas-tools mysql-serverapt-get
install -y cloudstack-management
i would be eternally grateful if someone could help me sort this out.
lisa