This is not really a CloudStack problem.
It depends what you want the VMs to do.
You usually do not need to expose them directly.
Some might be database servers or other web servers that are only accessed by applications that are touched by the public. If you want an HTTP server to serve content to the public from a VM, you can put 1 public server running an HTTP server like Apache HTTP and use the proxy functions in Apache to redirect requests to the appropriate internal machine.

The answers to these questions are pretty much the same if you have real physical machines behind the machine with the public IP or if the machines are in your private cloud. You need to give the private machines private names and private IPs and let the public machine get what it needs from the right private machine.

There are other solutions to other problems but that is one way to handle web sites on machines that are not on public IPs.

This is probably not the right forum for your question and you might get more help in a forum about networking or about the particular application that you are trying to deploy. Since your question is not really about CloudStack, not many people here are going to want to get involved in your topic although most of them know the answers to your questions.

I hope that  this helps.
BTW: This is exactly the situation that I am trying to deploy as well so I can move some of my apps off real hardware.

Ron