I'm not certain if this is hypervisor specific - I've seen the same issue for
vSphere - but I though it was me, I think we may need to revise the system vm
ip space decommission process.

Shanker and/or Daniel,

Do you mind creating a ticket in issues.apache.org and write out ways to
reproduce this issue.

---

*NOTE* this is purely from memory and some notes I had - proceed at your own
risk....

In the meantime, lets clean up what you have.

The goal is to release the IPs that are still marked as reserved and allocated.

I'd recommend installing mysql workbench

There are few tables we need to review:
1) Stop cloudstack management server
2) Backup mysql db first.

Note the id of management network referenced in cloud.networks
   Select id from cloud.networks where traffic_type="Management"
In my case, Management network has ID of 205
  SELECT * FROM cloud.nics where network_id=205;
Alter to Deallocating the ones that are marked as Reserved.

Do the same for cloud.user_ip_address
 SELECT * FROM cloud.user_ip_address where source_network_id=205;
Alter from Allocated to Free

Stop any systemvms if running, and alter the state from Running to Stopped or
Expunging in cloud.vm_instance table. This will recreate the systemvm from
scratch.

I think this should have you covered, if not, revert back the mysql db. Do
mysql dump and grep for IPs that should have been released.

Let me know,

Regards
ilya