You can change the deployVirtualMachine Api attributes to ROOT admin
only(currently allowed to all). You can change that in
commands.properties.in

There is something else as well which you can leverage and see if it fits
your use case.
In current code base, admin can create vm instances using the flag -
displayvm=false on behalf of the users.
This flag will hide these resources to the end users. The ROOT volume can
be made visible through the display volume flag and the end user can
create snapshots on them.

It would be great to if you can write down your use case and its use.

Let me know if any of the solution fits for you.

Thanks,
-Nitin