You need to examine your reasons for needing master-master replication.  If
it's write performance and not a lot of data, then MariaDB's Galera
implementation is good.

If you have a lot of data then I suggest using the TokuDb engine.  It's
available native as of MariaDB 5.5.33a and also via Tokutek.com with a
newer engine and more features.   You should be able to get much better
write performance with it over InnoDb. Using ssd drives with it also makes
a huge difference.  No need to deal with multi-master.

That said, MariaDB 10 will support multi-master natively with global
replication tracking,  etc.

-Alex