From: Vahric Muhtaryan [mailto:vah...@doruk.net.tr]
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 8:53 AM
To: CloudStack SupportMailingList
Subject: Planners

Hello All ,

We are discovering compute offering section and couldnĀ¹t understand something
about planner.

Looks like deployment planner is like intelligent placement on Hyper-v or
Vmware DRS but only the placement part.

First we can not find explanations of implicitdedicationplanner and bare metal
planner , any one know about it ?

Second what is planner mode ? What is relation between deployment planner and
planner mode ? If we choose deployment planner must we set the planner mode too
?

Maybe sounds like stupid but , another thing is we can not imagine some
deployment planners, for example if we are running cloud and have a resource,
default behaviour should be spread everything almost equal , why people want to
put vms depend same account on same pod/cluster or what happen if i have small
number of vm on host but there is high resource usage on that hosts. For
example KVM do not have an option like vmware drs , how cloudstack handle
spread of vms on KVM cluster ?

Regards
VM