From: "Lisa B." <nordlicht1...@hotmail.de>
Sent: Monday, 2 December 2013 7:29 AM
To: "users@cloudstack.apache.org" <users@cloudstack.apache.org>
Subject: RE: Replacing Virtual Router with a custom virtual appliance template

hey michal,  i am not sure if this is what you are looking for but i just came
across this blog post while tracking down a different problem:
http://blog.remibergsma.com/2012/08/30/going-beyond-cloudstack-advanced-networking-how-i-replaced-the-virtual-router-with-my-own-physical-linux-router/
  good luck! lisa  ________________________________ > From:
michal.rod...@cloudcentral.com.au  > To: users@cloudstack.apache.org  >
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 14:09:02 +1100  >  >  > Is it possible to create a
network offering, which would use a custom  > virtual appliance instead of the
default Debian template?  >  > My understanding is currently only following
network providers are  > supported/available in ACS:  >  > - Citrix NetScaler
>  > - F5  >  > - Juniper SRX  >  > - Virtual Router  >  > - Cisco ASA 100v
(Citrix CloudPlatform only?)  >  >  >  > I've found a wiki page  >
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Palo+Alto+Firewall+Integration&;
  > that somebody managed to integrate the Palo Alto Firewall into ACS.  > Plus
some other people managed to get the midokura or Nicira to work ?  >  > So it
seems that custom network providers are feasible.  >  > I'd like to provide a
premium network offering with a commercial  > security gateway/UTM virtual
appliance as a network provider. Ie the  > FortiGate UTM provides VPN, NAT,
DNS, DHCP, routing and other network  > features similar to Virtual Router, but
also offers security features  > like anitispam, virus scanning, deep packet
inspection, IPS etc. So the  > question is how hard is, and how much dev effort
is required?  >  > Other option is to create a network like this  > Internet ->
ACS VR-> FortiGate TM VM -> customer VMs  > But not sure how can force all the
public traffic from the VMs to go  > via the FortiGate?  >  > The environment
is XenServer 6.2 and ACS 4.2.1 with Advanced Networking  >  > Thanks,  > Michal
 >  >  >  > Regards,  > Michal Rodzos  > Solutions Architect  >  >
[CloudCentral - Secure Australian  >
Cloud]<http://www.cloudcentral.com.au/?utm_source=michal&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=cloudcentral>
profile on  > LinkedIn]<http://www.linkedin.com/in/michalrodzos>| Skype:  >
michal.rodzos | Twitter<https://twitter.com/cloudcentral>  >  >