Hi,

Actually, I use a shared guest network for that.
The subnet is routed by a simple debian, and the CS IPAM stuff gives single public ip's for VM-s. Of course, You don't have firewall capabilities in the GUI, but with public IP, the firewalling should be done by the user inside the VM.

This kind of network require 1 vrouter, which will do dhcp (plus the machine, which actually do routing, but it's independent from CS and you can also use branded router), so no sys-vm started for every subnet. If I know well, you can limit the number of allocatable IP-s /user / domain etc.

Regards,
 Peter