Hi,

I’ve spent a fair bit of lab time trying to get GRE tunnelling working in
CloudStack 4.2.1 / Xenserver 6.1 but have had no luck so far.

As per various posts, documents and wiki articles I’ve got:

- Xenserver 6.1 cluster with all patches, CloudStack 4.2.1 installed from RPMs
(CentOS 6.5).
- Advanced zone configuration (no security groups).
- Public and management networks configured with VLAN isolation (bonds).
- sdn.ovs.controller set to “true", sdn.ovs.controller.default.label set to
network label of the guest network.
- Guest network traffic configured for GRE,  IP interfaces configured on the
guest network and “VLAN range” configured.

The problem is tunnels won’t come up, tagged networks are created but no GRE
tunnels are created between XS hosts. Whilst the SSVM and CP come online the
domain router and the first VM fail to start.
Checking the management server logs the root cause seems to point to a
“createTunnelNetwork failed” error.

Doing a bit more digging I found the following bug logged back in September:

1) Considering the bug above was logged for CS4.1 - is GRE under active
development as per 4.2.1/4.3? Is it considered to be a working component of
CloudStack?
2) Has anyone managed to get GRE tunnelling working - if so are there any
patches / workarounds / specific component versions required?

Regards,
Dag