Of all the cloud deployments we have been involved with (and that's a lot)
XenServer has been the most popular Hypervisor by far.  A number of deployments
were planning on using KVM but switched to XenServer after initial testing for
one reason or another.

KVM is being used, and where it's a good fit it's a perfectly viable
Hypervisor, especially when the organisation has KVM skills already in place.

As Shanker says, deploying a cloud with multiple hypervisors is a common
approach, ensuring you get the best of both worlds.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom
CTO / Cloud Architect

D: +44 20 3603 0542<tel:+442036030542> | S: +44 20 3603 0540<tel:+442036030540>
| M: +447968161581<tel:+447968161581>

geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com<mailto:geoff.higginbot...@shapeblue.com> |
www.shapeblue.com<htp://www.shapeblue.com/>

ShapeBlue Ltd, 53 Chandos Place, Covent Garden, London, WC2N
4HS<x-apple-data-detectors://37>

On 26 Jan 2014, at 03:53, "Shanker Balan"