On 07.02.2014 08:43, Andrija Panic wrote:
hm, no, I have gave up on RAM overprovisioning, since I got no good
response from any of the gurus here.
If you find a solution, I would greatly appriciate it...

Andrija,

This is a known issue and it's how it works with other hypervisors, too. This feature was not meant to be used in a public cloud (eg selling VPSes) for obvious reasons, imo. Starting with 4.3, thanks to Marcus Sorensen who wrote the patch, we'll be able to ser overprovisioning AND not the the RAM shown inside the guests messed with; basically it will rely on KSM for memory deduplication. My advice is to start testing 4.3.

Nux!
www.nux.ro