Hi all,

I resolved this query.

The includeInApiDoc option works fine, and in accordance with the
documentation here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Annotations+use
+in+the+API

The problem I had was with using maven. I thought simplistically (like
with 'make') if I modify a source file the change will be detected and a
rebuild will happen.

This does not happen - and I think it is basically the well-known
'incremental build' problem in maven
(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12369233/incremental-build-in-jenkins)

So I understand you have to do 'mvn clean install' to pick up source
code changes. There are a couple of ways to speed that up - by switching
off testing
[http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/mvn-Dtest-false-mvn-Dmaven-test-skip-false-td201409.html]
and by using a parallel build, like this:

mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true -T 1.5C clean install

and then

mvn -P developer -pl :cloud-apidoc

(The above clean install runs 3.5 minutes on my machine, compared with 6
to 7 minutes for standard install.)

So far as I understand it isn't possible to avoid the full install
although I only want the modules required for building the apidoc.

- Phillip