On 07.04.2014 17:02, motty cruz wrote:
Hello All,

I have couple of questions about upgrading Cloudstack 4.2.1 to Cloudstack
4.3,

1. I can't find the instructions for upgrading.

2. I have two VPN site-to-site connection, would those VPN connects remain
online while upgrading? (my guest gateway is different than management
gateway)

Thanks

Hello,

The upgrade procedure is similar to the one from 4.2.0 to 4.2.1 for example.
The RPMs are available here: http://cloudstack.apt-get.eu/rhel/4.3/

Obviously you will need to register a new system VM compatible with 4.3, you can download one from http://jenkins.buildacloud.org/view/4.3/job/cloudstack-4.3-systemvm/

I do not know what to advise regarding the VPN issue, maybe someone else has more experience with this aspect.

There is one big gotcha in this version, RealhostIP has gone away, check https://blogs.apache.org/cloudstack/entry/realhostip_service_is_being_retired

I'd strongly advise to perform an upgrade on a test setup initially and see how that goes.

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro