On 15.04.2014 04:34, Gurudatta Shinde wrote:
Hi team ,

I am Linux/cloud Engineer working in Tomtom. We are facing an issue
for our hypervisors for file system /var/lib/libvirt/images .

This file system contains the Virtual image disks of guest running on
Hypervisor. As we going on deploying Guests , it gets full. We are
looking for a way how we can have to less space.

So that we can manage them on host itself.

Can anyone please help us out here ? Kindly let us know if need
additional info to fix this problem.

Hello,

I imagine you are using thin-provisioned QCOW2 files, right? In this case there is not really much you can do. One thing that comes to mind is to use virt-sparsify on these files, but it requires the VMs to be shut down during operation.

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro